My heart is so full today! I have so much to be thankful for... and it's not just because I didn't have to lift a finger yesterday. What an incredible blessing it is to be a mother! Not only do I have the privilege of being called "mama" but I am blessed with two incredibly sweet and precious children who give me that title. And, to top it all off, I share the task of raising these little ones with a wonderful, Godly man who takes such good care of all of us!
In my life, I have been encouraged by so many great examples of loving moms. Every mom I know loves their children fiercely and seeks to raise them in the best possible way they can. There are some moms who model for me what it means to pour wisdom into my children's hearts. There are others who are so good at reminding me the importance of letting go of the things that aren't of eternal significance in favor of spending time connecting with my children. Still others model the importance of praying for my children. Some moms remind me that I am not a perfect mama - but that I never will be and I am not even supposed to be!
And, I am so very thankful for my own mother who has loved me so well my whole life. She has encouraged me, listened to me, prayed for me, laughed with me, and walked with me through every step of my life. I talk to her almost every day. She is not just my mom - she is my friend. I am thankful for J.M's mom, too. I know that so much of who he is today is because of how she raised him and loved him. What a gift she gave me and the kids!
Yesterday filled my heart so much - I feel a renewed sense of purpose. I am so blessed by this family that God has given me. I want to honor Him by loving and serving them. My job as mama is the most difficult one of all, to be sure, but thanks be to God that He hasn't asked me to do it alone. He is able AND willing to do it all through me. Hallelujah! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i'm sure i'm the mom who reminds you by example that moms are not perfect :) i'm okay with that.
ReplyDelete