I am a sentimental person. I always have been - even as a little girl. I remember hearing slow, old songs and feeling bad for my parents that they had grown up. Crazy, huh?!? It's just part of my genetic make-up. Sometimes I hate it.
Right now, I am feeling sentimental because the school year is coming to an end. What a wonderful year of growth it had been for both of the kids! Big Brother is finishing his first full year of "big" school. He is reading everything in sight. He is so much more self confident and willing to try new things. He has made new friends, loved new teachers and so much more! (On a side note - he was Good Citizen of the Month for April again. Shameless bragging...but I am proud of him!:)
I prayed so much last year for Big Brother's teachers. I was scared about him starting a big public school and worried that he would just blend in to the background because he can be ok with that. God surely heard my prayers. His teacher and her whole team of assistants have been AWESOME! They are firm and in control of the classroom, but they love my boy, and he knows it. I am sad to be saying goodbye to these ladies and thankful for all they have done for our boy.
And then there is Little Bit. She, too, has had an incredible year of growth. She knows all her letters, is at the very beginning of reading, and has made some really sweet little friends. Recently, I have been looking at old pictures, and there is no denying that my little girl is growing. There is NO baby left in her. And, yes, that is GOOD.... but it does make me kinda sentimental, too.
We already knew how awesome Little Bit's teachers would be since Big Brother had them when he was 4. And, let me tell you - they lived up to our expectations. I think every single child should have teachers like these two. First, and most importantly, they LOVE Jesus. It shows in everything they do and say. That love just oozes out of them onto the kids in their class. They really know and understand the kids in their class, too. The kids feel that. It is such a precious environment.
I am thankful for the great year and for all that's coming. Yes. I AM sentimental. But, every stage is great. I am just thankful I get to watch these little ones grow and develop into the people that God intends for them to be. So - here's to NEW things to come! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment