Last night was a big night for our family! Little Bit had her debut performance as a dancer after nine months of dance lessons and practice! Let me tell you - she LOVED it! (Can't you tell from that smile and the pose?!?)
I must admit, I was kind of worried what we would get from her on stage. My sweet parents came in town for the big performance. The kids were so excited to have them here that they woke up at 5:45 yesterday morning! YIKES! Little Bit was in one of her moods for most of the day yesterday. Suffice it to say, it wasn't pretty. Thankfully, getting all dolled up with make-up and a fancy hair-do enabled her to snap out of it.
The recital was held in the auditorium of a local college. It was a lovely setting. The dancers all sat up in the balcony, and I think Little Bit was mesmerized by the whole thing. We were all impressed by the dancers. The numbers were very entertaining! Thankfully, the whole show moved quite fast.
One of the really adorable parts of the whole evening was Big Brother's enthusiasm! He was SO proud of his little sister and couldn't wait for her to be on stage! It was precious. It also meant a lot to me that my parents were able to be a part of the whole evening. After my own years of dancing ( 9 years in all), it was fun to experience the other side of it with them. And, a very sweet friend, who is the mother of 3 boys, was able to come and enjoy the second half of the show. Very sweet!
Oh - I have to tell you this one funny thing. At the show, you can buy flowers for the dancers (isn't that convenient?!?) I had considered buying flowers ahead of time and taking them in. My whole family insisted that Little Bit wouldn't notice and that flowers weren't necessary. Well, as soon as we walked outside after the show, the first thing out of her mouth was, "I am supposed to get flowers!" Uh-oh... We tried to bribe her with her favorite yogurt place, but that wasn't good enough. So, we drove by the grocery store and let her choose her own flowers. Ha ha!
I am sure you are all DYING to see the videos of her dances, right?!? ;) I have tried and tried to upload the videos to this post but I can't figure it out. Instead I have 2 separate posts of the dances. So, if you want to see the actual dances, go to the 2 other posts! :)
Here are a couple of other pictures from the evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
PRECIOUS!! brings back memories for me too;)
ReplyDelete