Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Little of This and a Little of That...

It's been a while since I have updated this blog.  I have to confess - the pressure of blogging has gotten to me.   I always feel the need to either say something deep or witty.  Most of the time, I am neither particularly deep nor particularly witty so that makes blogging a challenge at times!  And although we have had lots of "normal" in our lives and even some "special" in our lives - nothing has felt blog worthy.  To be honest, I haven't felt quite in the mood.  But, here is my attempt to update my adoring public with news of our little family! Hee Hee

We did have Spring Break the week before Easter.  Little Bit was able to enjoy the entire week off of school.  Big Brother only had a few days off.  The week was filled with a quick trip to Ikea to purchase some storage options for the new church (which, I might add, has resulted in an even FULLER dining room!  YIKES!).  The kids LOVE the play area at Ikea.  They also have a neat cafe where we enjoyed some yummy lunch. 

Spring Break also brought dr.'s appointments.  Big Brother had suffered with what we assumed was pink eye (well, based on what the dr.'s office said over the phone... they wouldn't actually see him).  His eye didn't get better so the pediatrician referred us to an opthamologist.  Little Bit had to go for her annual VCUG to determine if her renal reflux had corrected itself.  Both appointments ended with good news... Big Brother's eyes were just over irritated and required steroid eye drops.  Little Bit's reflux had resolved itself completely on one side and is so minimal on the other side that she doesn't have to take her meds anymore! YAY!!

Daddy was off on Good Friday, and, although it was a rainy day, we enjoyed having him home.  Saturday was a dream for me... I spent the morning at a spa.  Oh glorious, glorious spa...  I had a massage, a deluxe pedi, and a facial.  I am practically melting into my chair as I think about it...  Thank you J.M.!

Easter Sunday has always been my favorite holiday.  I mean, it is the very essence of who I am as a Christian.  It is a glorious celebration of the victory that Christ had over sin and death AND of the victory that WE who have accepted that sweet gift of forgiveness have, as well.  How can you NOT celebrate?!?  We made resurrection rolls for breakfast, which was a great picture for the kids of the empty tomb.  (If you don't know about these and want to know, just ask.  I'm afraid my post is getting obnoxiously long!)  After a sweet time at church, we had some fun friends over for a delicious Easter lunch.


Last week, other than nasty colds, it has been business as usual.  The big news is that we have a new addition to the Brooks family.  My brother and his wife welcomed their second boy into the world on Tuesday.  Thomas William Brooks weighed in at 8 lbs and 10 oz.  Everybody is doing great!  From the pictures, he looks ADORABLE!  Can't wait to go and meet him!

Well, that gives you all an idea as to what our lives have been like.  Now... off to get ready for another day!

1 comment: