Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Slacker

Well.... I guess it's a good thing I never actually told anybody about this blog seeing as how my last post was over a year ago! Ha! I had SUCH high hopes for starting a blog, but I guess it was just one more to do. Life is busy... there is really no way around it. The only chance it seems I have to sit down and think about this blog is either during a holiday, or in today's case, a snow day.

But you know, for someone who doesn't stop and slow down very easily, these 2 snow days (which I anticipate will become 3 AT LEAST) have been good for me. If I am really honest, I should write about the frustrating weekend I had and how weary and exasperated I had been feeling as a mom. I think that God needed me to slow down and really trust Him. I can't control my kids behavior. I am NOT the perfect mom, but I am not supposed to be. And, if I feel powerless to do this job on my own, then it just leads me back to Him anyway... I really AM powerless... but He is perfectly able, and incredibly willing to do it all for me.

And these snow days have actually been nice. I have had some sweet time with both kids. I have been able to focus on training them instead of just reacting to their behavior. And all of that is because of God's sweet grace and love for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment