Sunday, January 16, 2011

Football!!

My Southern friends would probably gasp to hear me say this, but I am ALL about the NFL these days! Maybe that statement is a bit of a hyperbole. I suppose I should just say that I love the Steelers. It is so strange to me that I like this team so much having grown up in the land of college football with team colors that run through your blood. But, of course, I married a wonderful man who happens to be a Yankee, so he has brainwashed me.

Yesterday was a very exciting afternoon for Steelers fans. We played in the play-offs against the Baltimore Ravens, a team that is a huge rival. From this girl fan's point of view, they don't seem very nice! But I DO like Michael Oher after seeing "Blind Side," and he IS a Memphian after all. Anyhoo, I digress... Big Brother thinks the Ravens are so scary, he once said that when he plays in the NFL he may have to actually play FOR them just so he doesn't have to play AGAINST them! Cutie pie!

So, since we had such an exciting game to watch, J.M ad I decided we should make some wings (which were good, but not really like wings) and a cheese and sausage plate (a shout out to the Rendezvous in Memphis) and have a fun family "tailgate" party. It was great! J.M., Big Brother and I were very much into the game. Little Bit mostly played hostess as she served us pretend birthday cake and"tea." It was such a fun night which ended with Little Bit resting quietly on my shoulder (as much as she could rest with all of the screaming) and an awesome victory to celebrate.

To share Big Brother's analysis of the game: "The Steelers started off in the 1st quarter playing bad. In the 2nd quarter they did gooder. In the 3rd quarter they did even gooder. And in the 4th quarter they did goodest and then they won!" Because his observation was so astute, we're not worrying about his grammar! :)

Go Steelers, Go!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if you remember, but hubby is a HUGE Steelers fan too. He and Z are pretty much taking credit for that win. They say the team started playing better once they started watching:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds like your wings were gooder than ours, but still too healthy to be gooder than Buffalo's.

    ReplyDelete