Sunday, July 22, 2012

So I won't Forget

This blog is a good place for me to keep up with our lives without the feelings of inadequacies that scrapbooks or journals bring.  So, to that end, I am going to share a couple of things my sweet kiddos have said recently.

Last week, we were driving to run some errands.  On the way to our destination, we saw several young boys riding across a busy street on their skateboards.  One of the boys was not paying any attention to the traffic and was so close to being hit.  It was scary.  We talked about it, and a few minutes later, Big Brother said to me, "I like how you act.  You care about kids even when they aren't your own."  Melt. my. heart.  He has really been so much more expressive of his feelings lately.  So sweet to get a picture of his heart.  He also told J.M. recently that he wanted to start being like a man and doing things like a man does.  Is that not adorable?  For some reason, one of the biggest things "a man does" must be making himself a bowl of cereal! :)  He has wanted to do that for himself a lot lately.

Little Bit cracks me up, and usually, she is not trying to be funny!  It is so hard not to laugh when she says some of the things she says, but I am really working on it, because she gets her little feelings hurt.  After her birthday, she got a new game called "Headbandz," which is basically a yes/no game.  You wear a headband with a picture from a Disney movie, and you try to guess what the picture is by asking yes/no questions.  It is hard, but a lot of fun.  One night when we were playing, Little Bit had asked a bunch of questions and not gotten very far.  Finally, her next question - "Am I a yes/no question?"  So cute! 

On my birthday, when J.M. was making me breakfast, there was a package that was hard to open.  After working very hard, he got it, and Little Bit said, "Wow Daddy - you are some kind of man!' That same day, we found out that we had been around somebody who had lice, and so we had to check our own hair.  I googled lice and read that they look like sesame seeds.  Fortunately, none of us had the dreaded bugs, but that night, Little Bit had something on her finger.  She showed it to me, and asked, "Is that a Sesame Street bug?"  Oh my - she is funny!!

What would I do without these two?  I am so thankful for the love and laughter they bring to our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment