Big Brother has such a sweet and tender heart. Yesterday, when I woke him up to go to school, I asked him what he wanted for breakfast. Although I am still almost 99% sure that he said cereal, when he came downstairs, he told me that he had said oatmeal. I poured the cereal down the drain, and I was thinking to myself, "This is no big deal. I guess I am wasting food, but we were almost out anyway." I don't know what my face looked like, but a couple of minutes later, Big Brother said, "Mama, are you sad?" When I turned around to look at him, his little chin was quivering as he was holding back the tears. Sweet, sweet boy.
Now, this story is the complete opposite - but very much "blog worthy" in my mind. Last night, we were at church for our Mercy Ministry Conference. They served a barbecue dinner. Little Bit and I arrived before J.M. (Big Brother was at a party!). When J.M. sat down at our table, Little Bit pointed to the hush puppies on her plate and said, "Daddy, these prairie dogs are yummy." She knew they were SOME kind of dog, I guess....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment