At my preschool auction this year (which, incidentally earned the most money we have ever earned!), I bought a certificate for a bounce party. Turning 7 is usually the last year we do a big party for the kiddos, and Little Bit has always wanted a bounce party. I got a pretty good deal for it, so J.M. and I were excited. A few weeks ago, I decided I would go ahead and reserve the place for June 29th, Little Bit's actual birthday. I was proud of myself for planning ahead! When I took out the certificate, I was shocked to read an expiration date of June 1st! I called the place thinking they may be willing to do it at the end of the month and not the beginning, but no such luck. At that point, it was June 1st or not at all. So, yesterday morning, we celebrated Little Bit's birthday!
She had a blast! We had about 22 kids there - all the girls in her class (plus one boy), neighborhood friends, church friends and even a dance friend. It was filled with bouncing craziness, yummy cake and presents galore! Throwing a party someplace else (besides your house) is so nice. We pretty much just showed up. That was all!
After the party, we rushed home, threw the kids in the shower, scarfed down some lunch, and got Little Bit all ready for her dance recital. Oh, the dance recital... Sigh... I just love her dance recitals. She is so adorable up on stage. She had a tap dance and a ballet dance. She was so graceful, and did a great job. I only cried a littler bit. :) Big Brother was so into it, and he was so proud of her! We bought her some flowers (her 2nd bouquet - Gram and Pop sent one on Friday!), and Big Brother wanted to give them to her. Her favorite buddy came to see just the first half and she and her mom ended up staying for the entire show! (And going to dinner with us!). It was a wonderful evening. But, we all crashed hard!
No comments:
Post a Comment