Thursday, December 20, 2012

Oh Little Bit...

Our little girl has just been so funny lately!  She tries so hard to be grown up, but, sometimes, the things she says are just a little bit off.  I don't want to forget these things, so I am writing them down here! :)

Last week, as we were walking into school, Little Bit told me her heart hurt, and she thought she had rug burn.  Since she occasionally slides down the stairs on her bottom and gets rug burn, I thought maybe she had gone down on her chest and had the same result.  So, I asked her if it was her skin.  She said, "No Mommy.  It's the inside.  You remember you told me that's called rug burn?  I think it's cause I ate 2 chocolate chip muffins."  That's when I realized she meant heart burn!

Maybe I shouldn't tell the next story, lest you judge me... but it was very funny, I must admit.  Sunday morning, Little Bit took a bite of her breakfast, and it burned her mouth.  "Dammit!" she said.  Of course, I did what I usually do in situations that make me nervous... I laughed hysterically.  Poor little thing was crying, as she clearly did not realize this particular word was a bad one.  She never could tell me where she heard it (THAT part does concern me...), but we talked about how it is not a nice word, that she was not in trouble for saying it the first time since she didn't realize what it was, and that the next time she uses that word (which hopefully will NOT come) there WILL be a consequence.

Although that was not a nice way to start the day, we ended the day on a much sweeter note.  After praying with her before bedtime, she told me she could "feel God pouring his prayers down over her."  Then, she wriggled her little fingers from the top of her head to the bottom of her feet and said, "Like that Mama."  I said something like, "God's love is the best feeling." And she said, "You're sure right about that."  Sweet girl.

One day this week, she told me she was wearing her lazy pants to school.  That same day, on the way to school, we saw something in the street and said, "Look Mom - a dead box!"  Then, last night, she said that our dog, Murry, is not a "quman!"  Hee hee!

Oh, the joy she brings!  She is our sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment