I am technically supposed to be waking Big Brother up right now, but I feel compelled to share with my readers the sweet part of his little heart. His class is collecting cans for a local food bank. Normally, I just grab a few things out of our pantry and send them along to school. I started thinking about how that really has no impact on him. Taking a chance, I told him we were going to the grocery store for him to buy a few things to donate using his own money. I expected arguing... none came! That boy would have bought $20 worth of cans if I had let him! And, as luck would have it, soup was on special - buy 2 get 3 free. He actually saved as much as he spent. Last night he told me, "I like to help people mom." God has given Big Brother a really sweet and tender heart. I want to nurture that in him.
On a slightly less spiritual note, in the car ride home, he told me he thought the cashier was Chinese. I said I didn't think so. Then he said, "Maybe Japan? You know Japanish?" Ha Ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love love love this! What a sweet boy!
ReplyDelete