Summer has almost started for us. Yesterday was the last day for Little Bit. I can't believe how fast the year flew by! And, yes, I did have a little cry-fest over the fact that this was the last year that I got so much extra time with her - she had Fridays off and only ate lunch at school one day of the week. How precious that time has been - although there were many days I didn't stop to realize just how precious they were. So, yeah... I am a little sad.
What was really hard yesterday was the fact that Little Bit was so sad, too. As I already mentioned, this was a fabulous school year for her! Not only did she have 2 amazing teachers, but she made some really sweet little friends. And, all but 2 of them are headed in different directions next year. So, when I dropped her off at school yesterday morning, she kept saying she didn't want to stay and wouldn't let go of my leg. When I asked her if she was feeling a little sad, she just started to cry. Thankfully, one of her sweet teachers took over from there so I could make a quick escape to the office and have a little cry myself.
By the time J.M. and I came back for her program, she was as happy as can be! She had even made a birthday card for her teacher's cat! What a great distraction! The program was a super cute celebration that wasn't sappy - phew! I didn't want to cry in front of everybody! The Educational Director is retiring after 28 years so that did get me a little teary. But, I am the lucky one who will be taking her place next year, so that made me smile again!
Funny thing at the end of the day. Big Brother mentioned something about one of Little Bit's teachers. She said, "Mrs. Helton?!? Oh, I remember her!" I should hope so... it had only been a few hours since the year had ended... Where does she come up with this stuff???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment