Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Confession and Repentance

I'm not gonna lie... I am really disappointed about the election.  I have avoided talking about it (well, at least with people whose political opinions are different from mine), but I have to address it here.  Lest you run off because you think this post is going to be all negative - just bear with me, k?

I don't feel like the last 4 years have been very good for our country.  I really haven't seen much progress being made.  I fundamentally disagree with the President on just about every issue.  Honestly, I have a hard time listening to him on the tv.  He makes me mad. 

*Sidebar here - I am so very thankful to live in a country where I can fully express my opinions!  What a privilege that we too often take forgranted! 

I have been pretty glued to the details of this year's election.  I have tried to stay informed, but I have done that by watching and listening to some admittedly biased news sources.  (Let's face it... all news is biased these days.  I just choose to focus on the bias with which I most agree!:)  But all of that watching and listening did nothing but add fuel to the fire of my total disdain for the President.  Well, and increase my enthusiasm for Mitt Romney.  (I still think he would have done a good job as President!)

On Monday, I felt completely convicted about my bitterness and lack of respect for the President.  I decided that on Tuesday, I would spend the day praying and fasting.  And I did. (Well, I ate breakfast and dinner - but nothing in between... that is fasting for me!) 

I admit that I was fully expecting the election to turn out differently.  And I am disappointed.  But, God is the same God today as He was yesterday.  He is still on the throne.  He chose to put Barack Obama in the highest leadership position in our country.  I don't know why he did that, but I do know He has a reason.  I also know that He is the one who is in control.  It says so right here:  

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.  Romans 13:1

So, I am resting in Him.  I have faith that He is in control.  I know that His plans for us are good:

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.  Jeremiah 29:11

I am praying for all of our leaders - even the ones whose beliefs are so very different from mine.  They have an almost impossible job, and I know that they need the Lord's wisdom.  I am also praying that they will humble themselves and pray. 

If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14

And, I am going to stop listening and watching the aforementioned news sites.   It's just not a good idea for me....
 
God bless America!



1 comment:

  1. I love your honesty, my friend! :) Thank you for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete