Little Bit's last day of school was on Thursday, May 31st. I can't express all of my emotions because it will just open up that can of worms that I don't want to open right now. Suffice it to say - I was emotional. J.M. wasn't exactly the rock of Gibraltar either (something I love about him, actually!). End of preschool. End of a stage in our lives. Happiness for what's to come. Grief for what's gone forever. OK - That's enough! Starting to tear up again...
| Proud little girl on the last day of preschool! Can't believe she has been there since she was 2 years old.. |
Big Brother still had school. He got out exactly one week after his sister. The Friday after her last day of school, we took him and his sweet teacher lunch. He loved his teacher. She was very sweet and helpful.
Tuesday night of this week brought our first ever swim meet! The irony of MY children being part of swim team is not lost on me. I was afraid of the water as a little girl - didn't learn to swim until I was 8 or 9. Honestly, as an adult, I am not much better. Both kids were afraid of the water when they were younger - really up until last summer. A lot of that was probably because of Mama. But now, they are real swimmers! They are still perfecting their strokes, of course. But, I am SO proud of them! Tuesday night was awesome. Little Bit actually came in first in her heat for the 25 free. (the only event she swam).
Thursday was Big Brother's last day of school! He was elated to be through, as you might imagine. I am a little sentimental about the end of 1st grade, too. 1st grade was the only grade I ever taught, so it's kind of weird to me to consider that he's entering into new territory for all of us. I am excited for his 2nd grade year, though, because I think he will start off on a really good note - having completed vision therapy, etc. So proud of him and all that he accomplished this year!
Now - Summer is here! It's going to be a busy one, but I am looking forward to some down time with the kiddos, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment