Last week, the kids had a dentist appointment. The hygienist told me that Little Bit's 6 year old molars are almost all the way in. Then, I saw the x-ray of her mouth. I know it sounds crazy, but that silly x-ray almost reduced me to a puddle of tears in the dentist's office! Underneath her precious, little baby teeth, I could see her grown-up teeth. They are all there - ready to come up and push those tiny teeth that she worked so hard to grow out of the way. Crazy, I know. But, I am a mama, and sentimentality can rear its ugly head in the strangest of circumstances. :)
For now, I am just savoring my moments with this precious little one. She still loves to be with me. She wants to sit on my lap and hold my hand. She likes to play games with me and is proud when I am teaching her at school or at church. I know that it won't always be like that. I am happy to have these times now.
And, Little Bit is still Little Bit. She makes me laugh a lot, which is a good way to take the focus off of my sappy sentimentality! Last week, she was brushing JM's hair (I know, I know...) and then sweetly asked him, "Daddy, do you think you might want to grow bangs?" Hee Hee! Last night, she asked me for a magic "meatball" for Christmas! Hmmm.... not sure where to get those?!? Do you have to travel to Italy? Or do you think maybe she wants a magic 8-ball like our neighbor just got!
Oh Little Bit - I love you so much!
| Not the best picture, I know, but it captures Little Bit doing what she loves to do - take care of others... especially little ones! |
2 posts in 2 days!?!?!?! I can hardly contain myself.
ReplyDeletethe bangs! look at JM bringing bangs-for-men back...from the back of his head to the front (transplant perhaps?) do you need a bang donor? i have so many comments right now running through my head....
ReplyDelete