Thursday, July 7, 2011

Scary, Scary Tooth Fairy

Little Bit lost her first tooth!  I know, crazy, huh?  I mean, she was a week away from her 5th birthday when it actually came out.  That sucker was LOOSE for a while.  But there was NO WAY she was letting anybody pull it.  And, if you know Little Bit, then you know that she will NOT do ANYTHING she doesn't want to do...  At one point, the tooth was so loose that, when she smiled, it looked like a piece of rice was stuck to her lip.  Gross.  Finally at lunch one day, to quote her, "I was chewing a chip, and then I was like 'what's this thing in my mouth that I can't chew?'"  Voila!  Her tooth was out!

Of course, the next obvious step is a visit from the Tooth Fairy.  Right?  Wrong!  The night she lost her tooth, she had swimming lessons and Daddy took her.  I stayed late at church getting everything set up.  All of that to say, Little Bit was late getting to bed.  We snapped this picture of her sporting the empty space in her mouth just before bed.
Right after this picture was taken, Little Bit starts getting nervous, asking Big Brother, "What does it feel like when the Tooth Fairy comes?"  Suddenly, she is in full out panic mode, saying things like, "I don't want her to come to my house!  I don't want her walking up my stairs."  She was freaking out.  I was tired and I needed her to go to bed, so I made a quick phone call to the Tooth Fairy that lives next door ;) and asked her to please not come.  Problem solved for now...

The next day, we talked about the fact that she didn't receive her just reward for losing a tooth.  Little Bit was not going to budge even for money.  There was no way she was letting a little winged lady who steals teeth out from under pillows into her bedroom!  My brilliant friend Pam made an obvious suggestion... Why not leave the tooth in the mailbox?  Little Bit agreed to that solution.  After all, what almost five year old girl doesn't want to get 2 shiny new quarters - even if it is from a little lady with an odd obsession for teeth?  (Actually, when you think about it, Little Bit is right.  The whole concept  is kinda freaky...)

 Yay for my baby girl!  She is growing up fast!!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! And I'm glad to hear the tooth fairy can be flexible about where she leaves the money!! :)

    ReplyDelete