Friday, March 18, 2011

Big Brother turns 7!

Seven years ago today, I became a mommy for the first time!  Sweet Big Brother made his entrance into the world on March 18th, 2004 at 8:32 am.  He was 10 days early and weighed a whopping 9 pounds.  Looked just like his daddy from the very beginning and he still does today.

What a wonderful 7 years it has been!  Challenging at times, to be sure, but overwhelmingly and abundantly joyful.  Big Brother is sweet, sporty, smart, funny, sensitive, compassionate, mature, active, loving... I could go on and on!  This little boy is such an incredible blessing.  How can I even describe how much we love him?!?  Can't even remember what my life was like before him... don't want to remember, really! 

Today has been a wonderful day of celebrating.  Big Brother woke up shortly after I did... at 5:38 to be exact!  He opened one gift (it was showing in the bag) and then lounged on the couch watching a tivo-ed Penguins hockey game.  In his eyes, the perfect start to his 7th year!  After we had a family breakfast of chocolate chip muffins, he opened several presents, 2 of which were new Wii games....  Oh, he was thrilled!  It was sports day at school, so he got to wear his Steelers Polomalu jersey to school.  Little Bit and I took Chik Fil A to him for lunch.  A couple of hours later, we brought ice cream sandwiches for his whole class, then he cam home EARLY and has been playing his new Wii games ever since.  Oh... and Daddy came home early to surprise him, AND he opened the rest of his presents.  We'll enjoy a family dinner of breakfast (his request) and then early to bed for tomorrow's BIG PARTY!!!!  (I'll post the details about the party tomorrow.)

Happy birthday Big Brother.  I love you with ALL my heart!



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. Enjoy your 7th birthday! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where DOES the time go? Happy Birthday (a little late) from some of your memphis buddies, "Big Brother!!"

    ReplyDelete